Fundamentals of the MLS® System have not changed.
• Buyers and sellers will continue to choose with whom they wish to work and negotiate the terms (services and fees) of the relationship with their REALTOR®.
• It’s entirely up to the REALTOR® what kind of services they want to offer.
• What we have is an agreement that says real estate boards won’t discriminate or deny access to those members who merely post information on behalf of a client. However, these members will still be responsible for any changes to that information, including reporting sales, as well as the standard regulatory requirements from RECO, FINTRAC, and Board Rules & Regulations.
• REALTOR®.CA is an advertising medium, it is not the MLS® system (the MLS® system provides greater information, tools, and resources to the members). It remains a member to member (REALTOR® to REALTOR®) service.
• Consumers will continue to be able to rely on the accuracy and timeliness of the information found on the MLS® system.
• Our membership consists of over 1180 members, offering a variety of services and business models.
• All members are equal in the eyes of the board, and must abide by all the rules of the MLS® System.
• REALTORS® are trusted because
o They are licensed.
o They are insured.
o They follow a code of ethics.
o They are experienced.
o They are knowledgeable.
• Board MLS® Systems stand for quality. Consumers know the information they see on websites like REALTOR.ca is accurate because of our high standards.
• When you hire a REALTOR® you get a licensed professional working in your interests, with access to the most accurate and up-to-date information about home buying and selling.
• Now that the agreement has been ratified REALTORS® look forward to doing what REALTORS® do best - helping people with the biggest financial decision of their lives.